Introduction to Proposal Writing
Are you new to proposal writing or want a quick refresher? If so, you don’t want to miss one of our most popular classes!
This class will provide you with an overview of how to write a standard project proposal to a foundation. It will include:
- The basic elements of a proposal
- The “do’s” and “don’ts” of writing and submitting a proposal
- How to follow up whether the answer is yes or no
- 30-minute hands-on exercise to develop a proposal outline (in-person classes only)
- A version of this course is also offered in Spanish.
- For more on proposal budgets, see our free class, Introduction to Project Budgets.
Self-paced eLearning and live webinar versions qualify for 1.25 CFRE education credits.
Looking for sample proposals?
Our Sample Documents gallery has samples of actual winning proposals recommended by grantmakers.
This brief recording captures the key concepts of the course. For more expansive discussion of the topic, we suggest attending a live webinar or in-person session. Note the recording is captioned for individuals with hearing impairments.
This online course is self-paced and includes video, graphics, and interactive quizzes. Compatible with updated versions of all browsers and mobile-friendly!
Upcoming Course Dates
10:15am - 12:15pm
1:30pm - 3:00pm
10:30am - 12:00pm
2:00pm - 3:30pm
9:30am - 11:00am
12:30pm - 2:00pm
6:00pm - 7:30pm
6:00pm - 8:00pm
11:00am - 12:30pm
10:00am - 11:00am
2:00pm - 3:00pm
10:00am - 12:00pm
1:30pm - 2:30pm
2:00pm - 4:00pm
Training Event Calendar
Join us for three days of immersion into the proposal writing process, including how to craft a well-organized budget and develop a targeted list of foundation funding prospects.