Introduction to Finding Grants
Are you new to the field of grantseeking?
Discover what funders are looking for in nonprofits seeking grants and how to find potential funders in this introductory course.
You will learn the 10 most important things you need to know about finding grants, including:
- Who funds nonprofits and what are their motivations.
- What do funders really want to know about the organizations they are interested in funding.
- How do you identify potential funders and make the first approach.
- In-person classes will end with 30 minutes of hands-on, guided online grant research. It is advisable, but not necessary, to bring a laptop/tablet for this portion of the class.
- This orientation is not intended for individuals seeking grants for their own use. Please refer to our Resources for Individual Grantseekers.
Self-paced eLearning and live webinar versions qualify for 1.25 CFRE education credits.
This online course is self-paced and includes video, graphics, and interactive quizzes. Compatible with updated versions of all browsers and mobile-friendly!
This brief recording captures the key concepts of the course. For more expansive discussion of the topic, we suggest attending a live webinar or in-person session. Note the recording is captioned for individuals with hearing impairments.
Upcoming Course Dates
2:00pm - 4:00pm
9:00am - 10:00am
9:30am - 11:30am
1:00pm - 2:30pm
10:30am - 12:00pm
10:00am - 11:00am
9:30am - 11:00am
10:00am - 12:00pm
1:00pm - 2:00pm
2:00pm - 3:00pm
11:00am - 1:00pm
2:00pm - 3:00pm