Grantseeking Basics for International Organizations
Thursday, October 26, 2017 9:00 am
In-person | Washington, DC
Do you represent an international nonprofit organization? And are wondering how to seek U.S. funding from private foundations? Gain an introduction to the world of foundation fundraising for non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and U.S. nonprofits with international programs.
This workshop provides an overview of the grantseeking process for representatives of foreign NGOs and U.S.-based nonprofits with international programs. We will cover legal aspects of U.S. foundation giving overseas, the types of funders working internationally and the steps involved in identifying grantmaking prospects. The presentation is followed by a tour of our resources on international philanthropy as well as a Q&A with experts from the field.
- Learn to create a case for support
- Explore the various types of support available
- Discuss U.S. giving regulations for International organizations
- Discover grantseeking resources
- Q&A with experts from the field focusing on international programs and grantmaking
- One-on-one demonstration of Foundation Directory Online with Foundation Center staff
- Fundraisers from non-governmental organizations
- Fundraisers from U.S. nonprofits with programs overseas
About the Instructor:
Engagement Specialist, Foundation Center
Melissa Grannetino is an Engagement Specialist at Foundation Center where she leads training programs, plans events and assists in fundraising. Melissa has several years of experience in fundraising, research and program evaluation. She has served as a member of the selection committee for Advancement in Management (AIM) Award Competition (formerly known as The Washington Post Award). Prior to joining Foundation Center she developed and implemented donor cultivation and stewardship programs at both The Cleveland Museum of Art and Cleveland Museum of Natural History. She holds a dual Bachelor of Arts degree in Art History and Sociology/Anthropology from Denison University.