Introduction to Proposal Writing and Project Budgets
Monday, June 25, 2018 6:00 pm
8:00 pm ET
In-person | Prince William , VA
Are you new to proposal writing or want a quick refresher? If so, you don’t want to miss one of our most popular classes!
This class will provide you with an overview of how to write a standard project proposal to a foundation. It will include:
- The basic elements of a proposal
- The “do’s” and “don’ts” of writing and submitting a proposal
- How to follow up whether the answer is yes or no
Are you ready to start fundraising for your project or idea, but don’t know what and how much to ask for? If preparing a budget for your foundation grant is holding you back, come learn the basic elements of how to draft a project budget with confidence.
This class will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to generate a standard project budget for a foundation proposal. We will discuss:
- The basic components of a project budget including income and expenses
- How to estimate the realistic cost of a project
- What other financial documents you may also need to submit with your proposal
Looking for sample proposals?
Our Sample Documents gallery has samples of actual winning proposals recommended by grantmakers.
Training Event Calendar
Register online below or by calling (202) 331-1400.
We periodically offer sign-language interpreted classes. To be notified as to when these classes will be available, please email DCLibrary@foundationcenter.org.
Due to our space limitations, please let us know 48 hours in advance if you need to cancel.