*Special Program* Proposal Writing Accelerator: Take Your Proposal to the Next Level
Wednesday, October 25, 2017 9:00 am
3:00 pm ET
In-person | Washington, DC
Bring us your proposal and let our instructor help you do a proposal makeover. You will discuss, review and critique your proposal with an expert.
Writing proposals for grants can be overwhelming. Whether you have submitted a proposal that was not funded, or you are ready to submit a new proposal that you’ve already drafted, this workshop will help you get on the fast track to success! During this one day workshop, a proposal writing expert will review and critique your pre-written proposal draft in a small group setting with peers to give your proposal the boost it needs.
- Nonprofit professionals (e.g. Development Directors or Grant Writers) who are ready to submit a proposal for the first time to a potential funder and you want to make sure you have everything a funder would be looking for.
- Nonprofit professionals (e.g. Development Directors or Grant Writers) who have submitted a proposal that was not funded and you’re wondering how to make it better!
- Discuss, review, and critique your proposal with a proposal writing expert
- Re-write your proposal after small group and one-on-one feedback
- Receive practical, hands-on tips to help make your proposal more effective and impactful
- A streamlined proposal that tells a compelling story
- An action plan for continuing best practices in proposal writing after the workshop
President, Global Grant Solutions
David Lindeman, CFRE, GPC serves as president of Global Grant Solutions and as president of the National Capital Area chapter of the Grant Professionals Association (GPA). He has 20 years of writing and editing experience for nonprofit organizations, with a success record of securing over $36 million for domestic and international programs from U.S. government agencies, private foundations, and multinational organizations. Successful proposals include grants from U.S. government agencies such as USAID, NSF, and NIH, and more than two dozen local and national private, community, and corporate foundations.
David served for nearly ten years as Senior Director of Development and External Relations at CRDF Global, a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting international cooperation in science, technology, health, and education. David also has a decade of previous experience as a grantmaker, serving as a Program Officer with the International Science Foundation (Open Society Foundations) and as a Program Director of CRDF Global’s international research programs.
An active member of the professional grant writing and fundraising community, David holds the Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE), Grant Professional Certification (GPC), and APMP Foundation Certification (CF APMP) credentials. He currently serves on the Board of Directors of the Grant Professionals Certification Institute (GPCI), the certifying body for the grants profession. He is a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Wesleyan University (B.A., History), has a M.A. from Georgetown University’s School of Foreign Service, and holds a specialized certificate in Copyediting from the University of California, San Diego.
Training Event Calendar
Register online below or by calling
We periodically offer sign-language interpreted classes. To be notified as to when these classes will be available, please email DCTraining@foundationcenter.org.
Due to our space limitations, please let us know 48 hours in advance if you need to cancel.