*Special Program* Measure It! Turning Data into Dollars
Tuesday, August 01, 2017 10:30 am
12:00 pm ET
In-person | Washington, DC
In this workshop, measurement expert and author of the book Impact & Excellence, Sheri Chaney Jones will share her game-changing research and strategies to help social sector and nonprofit leaders develop high-performance measurement cultures. These strategies will allow them to use data to increase revenues, strengthen relationships with funders, and prove their social return on investment and impact to the world.
- Discover how to use data and outcomes to increase effective operations and generate new sources of funding
- Develop measurement cultures and leadership skills essential for successful outcomes and results
- Create customized logic models for success
- Define success measures and learn proven strategies to effectively measure impact and outcomes
- Move toward the creation of solid organizational structures that are the foundation of performance cultures
Specific case studies and group activities will be used to illustrate these points. In addition, each attendee will receive “take home” templates and worksheets designed to allow them to implement the concepts learned.
This workshop is perfect for Executive Directors, Development Directors, Board Members, Grant Writers, and Program Officers, and implementers/front line staff who are looking to:
- Improve their quantifiable measures of outcome and impact
- Clarify where to start, how to best measure impact, and how to demonstrate an organization’s value beyond money raised and/or profit
- Prove how an organization is changing lives and circumstances
- Quantify outcomes to attract more donors and grant dollars
- Understand the numbers to focus on to effectively manage operations
About the Presenter:
Sheri Chaney Jones
For over 17 years, Sheri Chaney Jones has improved government agencies and nonprofits through the use of performance management, evaluation, and organizational behavior best practices. Her experience and expertise has transformed measurement cultures and as a result, saved public dollars, improved outcomes, demonstrated effectiveness, and increased revenues. By developing a measurement culture and using data collection and analysis, Sheri has helped one client turn a $420,000 loss into a $420,000 gain. A successful project with another client resulted in a program savings of approximately $100,000 a year; and yet another client saw an annual savings of $250,000,000 in Medicaid spending. Sheri is the President of Measurement Resources Company and author of Impact & Excellence published by Jossey-Bass in 2014. At The Ohio State University, Sheri teaches a course on creating measurement cultures as part of the Certified Public Manager’s Program. Sheri earned a M.A. in Industrial and Organizational Psychology from Central Michigan University and a B.S. with distinction in Psychology from The Ohio State University.
Space is limited and on a first-come, first-served basis.
Training Event Calendar
Register online below or by calling
We periodically offer sign-language interpreted classes. To be notified as to when these classes will be available, please email DCTraining@foundationcenter.org.
Due to our space limitations, please let us know 48 hours in advance if you need to cancel.