Meet Up & Happy Hour: Creating Pathways for Access & Inclusion Through Workforce Development
Thursday, May 04, 2017 4:00 pm
6:30 pm PT
In-person | Oakland, CA
This event is no longer available.
The Bay Area is a hotbed for opportunity and innovation in the United States today. All around the Bay, companies are innovating and expanding to build the future, and participation in this economy depends on access and opportunity. Join Foundation Center West and the Kapor Center for Social Impact for a Meet Up featuring organizations that work to bridge the access gap and create a more inclusive workforce that represents the entire Bay Area.
Our Spring 2017 Meet Up will be the first to take place in and feature East Bay organizations. Speaker presentations will be followed by Happy Hour and networking from 5:30-6:30 pm.
- Stephen Baiter, Executive Director, Workforce Development, City of Oakland (@Oakland)
- Barrie Hathaway, Executive Director, Stride Center (@stridecenter)
- Doug Hewitt, Co-Founder and Director of Programs, 1951 Coffee (@1951Coffee)
- Liz Lowe, Innovation Lead, Sustainability & Social Impact, and Rosemary Smith (@rosemarytwice), Talent Partner, Design, Adobe Digital Academy (@Adobe)
- Brandon Nicholson, Founding Executive Director, Hidden Genius Project (@HiddenGeniusPro)
- 4:00-4:15 pm - Arrival and opening remarks
- 4:15-5:05 pm - Speaker presentations/Q&A (10 minutes per speaker)
- 5:05-5:20 pm - Small group discussions
- 5:20-5:30 pm - Conclusion
- 5:30-6:30 pm - Happy Hour!
Presented in partnership with Kapor Center for Social Impact