Raise More Money with Returning Donors
Consider these findings from the 2012 Fundraising Effectiveness Survey Report (based on data from 3,184 respondents covering year-to-year fundraising results for 2010-2011):
- Every $100 gained in 2011 was offset by $100 in losses through gift attrition for a “net gain in giving” of $0.
- Every 100 donors gained in 2011 was offset by 107 in lost donors through attrition.
See also Bloomerang's infographic from earlier this year for some more sobering stats.
What does this mean? Nonprofits can raise more funds AND save fundraising costs if they focus more on returning donors. Learn why you should care about donor retention and how to keep them coming back. We'll discuss:
- costs of acquiring new vs. returning donors
- what compels donors to return
- steps that nonprofits can take to meet donors' expectations
- tools to measure your donor retention and fundraising effectiveness (see some of them now at the Fundraising Effectiveness Project's web page)
Want to make sure that your question gets asked? Send it to us in advance! You also can post questions or comments when the chat goes live, as well as interact with presenters and other readers.
How Live Chat Works:
Live chats are text-only discussions that happen entirely online. It will NOT HAVE AUDIO. The chat window will "open" about 30 minutes before the event starts. If you cannot participate during the live event, the full transcript will be available on this page.
Erik Daubert chairs the Fundraising Effectiveness Project Analytics Initiative and is an Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) Master Trainer. In addition, he serves as Chair Elect for AFP's ACFRE Certification Board, and he is a trainer, speaker, author, and consultant with more than 20 years of experience. More...
Pamela Grow co-created The Donor Retention Project and has an upcoming Blackbaud ebook on donor retention. She is an author, trainer, coach, copy-writer, and consultant committed to empowering small shop fundraisers everywhere with the tools for sustainable funding. More...
What's in Your Donor Dossier? (live chat transcript)
How can I learn about researching and cultivating individual donors? (Knowledge Base Article)