Candid is looking for a visual designer who can design beautiful, easy-to-use web interfaces for complex search, data visualization, mobile, and prototypes. Work with a team of creative designers and developers on designs that help people get the information they need to do good.
See the world. Make it better.
On February 1, 2019 Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. Candid’s data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world.
Candid’s vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good around the world.
POSITION: Visual Designer
Monday-Friday, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
LOCATION: NYC (Downtown Manhattan; NYC is preferred, but applicants in other cities will be considered)
Working with the web design and development team, create visual designs for innovative user interfaces adhering to best practices in user experience design. Design and create assets for marketing, e-newsletters, and social media campaigns.
- Design innovative and elegant user interfaces using current UX design standards, including design for responsive implementations.
- Create design solutions for user interface changes and enhancements.
- Work closely with product owners and UX designers on how users will move through our products.
- Design and produce assets for marketing and social media campaigns.
- Design and code templates for branded e-mail communications and support production of e-communications.
- Participate in user experience process including user interviews, creation of personas, information architecture, wire frames, prototypes and usability testing.
- Perform other duties and special projects, as assigned.
- BA/BS degree. 3-5 years of experience in web design.
- Knowledge of web design and development protocols and software required, including proficiency in HTML & CSS, Adobe Creative Suite or similar, and other design and prototyping tools.
- Strong understanding of visual design principles, typography, and photo manipulation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects and detail/deadline orientation a must.