Business Development Associate - East of Mississippi
Candid is looking for a full time Business Development Associate who is eager to help grow our sustainable revenue as part of a collaborative, professional team.
See the world. Make it better.
On February 1, 2019 Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. Candid’s data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world.
Candid’s vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good around the world.
POSITION: Business Development Associate - East of Mississippi
Senior Director, National Sales
Core work hours are Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am to 5:00pm
LOCATION: Remote – East of Mississippi
Generate new revenue sufficient to reach and or exceed team goals set in comp plan from the sale of Products and Services in cooperation with a Business Development Director. Qualify and close new sales from opportunities received through inbound calls, leads generated based on web marketing initiatives, and execute focused outbound campaigns in your territory.
You will also be responsible for: Providing email and telephone support to GuideStar’s prospective customers and GuideStar’s direct sales team. Provides end-to-end sales support including, but not limited to the contracting, billing and provisioning stages of the sale.
Activities include daily customer interface, lead qualification, influencing buying decisions, directing customers through order processes, owning or channeling customer escalations to appropriate resources and understanding and making recommendations regarding trends in customer needs and documenting customer facing activity in the GuideStar CRM system.
- Serves as a subject-matter-expert on GuideStar product and services and advises customers and prospective customers on the uses and benefits of products.
- Advocates the value-proposition of GuideStar products and encourages clients and prospective clients to make purchases of products.
- Conducts direct sales billing through CRM
- Provisions services to paying clients and tracks activity though CRM.
- Manages product-related call and email queues and responds in a timely, knowledgeable, and courteous manner.
- Serves as back-up to other Business personnel.
- Uses experience and expertise in making recommendations that will improve department efficiency and/or effectiveness or that assist revenue objectives.
- Qualify, close or appropriately route inbound sales leads
- Meet or exceed monthly and annual targets
- Identify decision makers amongst targeted leads in order to initiate sales process
- Develop and manage accurate Pipeline/Forecast on an ongoing basis.
- Understand customer business drivers
- Effectively demonstrate GuideStar products to potential purchasers
- Exercise judgment in decisions to involve other GuideStar team members appropriately.
- Analyzes trends and buying patterns and communicates recommendations appropriately to product marketing or product management.
- Generate new and repeat sales by providing product and technical information in a timely manner
- Determine customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products and solutions
- Recommend alternate products based on cost, availability or specifications
- Increase sales and average order size by means of cross-selling, up-selling, add-on sales and offering promotional sale items
- Manage time effectively, meet personal goals and work effectively with other members of the GuideStar team
- Identify and communicate trends in customer satisfaction or dissatisfaction
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2 to 5 years previous customer service, marketing or sales experience. Nonprofit Sector knowledge a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional interpersonal, administrative, organizational skills, and a thorough attention to detail
- Ability to provide support services to major customer groups in a professional, knowledgeable, and articulate manner i.e. Financial Services, CPA’s, Attorneys
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, and a creative problem solver
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing work environment.
- Experience using email applications, CRM, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and the Internet including various browser applications.