User Experience Designer
Candid is looking for a full time User Experience Designer to help us create amazing web experiences.
See the world. Make it better.
On February 1, 2019 Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. Candid’s data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world.
Candid’s vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good around the world.
POSITION: User Experience Designer
Senior Director of Design
Core work hours are Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am to 5:00pm
LOCATION: Oakland, CA
We work in collaborative teams and employ a work ethic and spirit of fun commonly found in the tech sector. You’ll work with our Products and Design team in uptown Oakland and with our teammates in other offices.
- Design user experiences – working closely with the Products team to outline how users will move through our products
- Design interfaces – work with the Products and Design teams to create visuals for how features will look and function
- Sketch concepts, storyboards, wireframes, and prototypes to find innovative solutions to problems
- Conduct user testing with the Products team to gain a better understanding of user needs
- Participate in product and design discussions with the team
- Collaborate with teammates to create polished experiences focused on user needs
- Minimum one year of experience
- Passion for user-centered design and collaborative work
- Experience designing for web and mobile
- Working knowledge of design and prototyping tools
- Eagerness to learn, expand your skills, and try new tools
- Talent for creating elegant design solutions
- A strong portfolio of product design work
- Healthy ego and emotional intelligence, and enthusiasm for understanding and incorporating new perspectives
- Commitment to the mission
- If you’re interested in working on user experience design, please consider applying even if your background doesn’t perfectly match our ideal credentials.