Knowledge Services Assistant (Long-Term, Part-time)
Candid is looking for a part-time Knowledge Services Assistant who is highly organized and detail-oriented to join our team, which is at the forefront of research, insights, and thought leadership for the organization.
See the world. Make it better.
On February 1, 2019 Foundation Center and GuideStar joined forces to become Candid, a 501c3 nonprofit organization. Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from, where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration, and training, Candid connects people who want to change the world to the resources they need to do it. Candid’s data tools on nonprofits, foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the world.
Candid’s vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we make investments in our talent, it translates to more access and better knowledge for those working for social good around the world.
POSITION: Knowledge Services Assistant (Long-Term, Part-time)
Knowledge Services Manager
19 hours per week, Monday through Friday between the hours of 9:00am to 5:00pm
LOCATION: NYC (downtown Manhattan)
The part-time Knowledge Services Assistant position provides an exceptional opportunity to learn about philanthropy and the broader social sector both domestically and internationally. The position involves providing support on a variety of projects, from community foundations to funding for disasters and humanitarian crises. This position is well-suited for an advanced undergraduate or graduate student or others interested in gaining research experience. The position is part-time and begins April 2019.
- Assist in data review and data cleaning for various research projects and online platforms
- Prepare summary data tables for analysis
- Conduct literature reviews and other qualitative background research
- Curate a digital library of case studies, evaluations, and reports and upload files into an online database
- Review and refresh online content and track website analytics
- Prepare PowerPoint slides, handouts, and other presentation materials
- Perform administrative and other duties, as assigned.
- College degree; advanced undergraduates will also be considered.
- You have a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- You have strong organizational skills, with the ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- You’re very comfortable using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- You have experience and/or interest in analyzing and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data and working with large data sets.
- You’re comfortable working independently.
- You have a positive attitude and are willing to help wherever it is most needed.